day with a sprainday with a sprain | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dasg234 Jun 13
PITTSFORD, N. Marcell Ateman Stitched Jersey .Y. -- The Mahan family still awaits that promised baby gift from Brandt Snedeker. "I have not received it yet," proud papa Hunter Mahan said with a grin, "but I am waiting patiently." Mahan feels as though he hasnt played golf in a month. In fact, its been only a week-and-a-half since he pulled out of the Canadian Open with the 36-hole lead, opening the door for Snedeker to win. A lot has happened since then, of course. Mahan rushed home to Dallas in time to witness the birth of his first child. He skipped the Bridgestone Invitational last week to be with his daughter, Zoe Olivia. His parents visited from California, and Mahan, an only child, loved the sensation of having a big family around. Now he feels primed to resume his chase of that elusive first major. "I really soaked it in and appreciated it and used it wisely," Mahan said Tuesday, two days before he opens the PGA Championship at Oak Hill. "I felt like I got that out of my system to where I can come back to here and be focused and play. I knew if I tried to maybe force it and play last week, I would have wanted to be two places at once, and it just wouldnt have worked out. But I felt prepared to leave them and I felt prepared to be here." His wife keeps sending photos and videos, which also helps. And, Mahan noted, "its easier now, because Zoe cant tell me how much shes going to miss me." Mahans third-round tee time had been pushed back because of the threat of lightning on July 27 in Oakville, Ontario. Hed just finished lunch with agent Chris Armstrong and headed for the driving range. Then Armstrong got a call from Mahans wife, Kandi, who was several weeks from her due date. Once they found out her water had broke, the decision to leave was easy: The baby was coming soon. There was just the matter of figuring out how to get back quickly to Texas. They were looking into private jets, commercial flights, trying to sort out how to rush through customs. Then a buddy told Mahan that he could get on a friends company plane that was leaving in about 90 minutes. Mahan landed in the Dallas area around 6:30 p.m. and was at the hospital by about 7:15, where his wife had just received an epidural. Zoe was born at 3:26 a.m., though it was all such a blur Mahan couldve sworn only a half-hour had passed since his arrival. A few hours later, Snedeker won the Canadian Open and promised a "very nice baby gift" for the Mahans. He said last week he had yet to decide on what it would be. Tiger Woods, a father of two, said Tuesday: "He made the perfect choice. Actually, there wasnt any." Mahan acknowledged he later went on Twitter, curious to see the reaction to his decision. "Usually Twitter, they tell me how much I suck all the time and how dumb I am, so I figured somebody would say, Youre an idiot. You didnt know what youre doing. You cant throw away (a potential win)," he said. "But I didnt see that." "Maybe," he added, "I didnt look far enough down." But Mahan isnt really surprised by the response. He figures most everyone can relate to his situation. "I think people are just ready for a great story in sports," he said. The 31-year-old Mahan is now looking to write a great sports story on the course. He played in the last group at the previous two majors but couldnt put together a strong enough final round either time. Mahan shot 75 on Sunday at the U.S. Open to tie for fourth, four strokes behind Justin Rose. At the British, he shot another 75 that left him tied for ninth, six strokes back of Phil Mickelson. "I cant really point to one thing," Mahan said. "I just know that Ive played exactly how I wanted to play, and I didnt let the situation kind of overrun me, and I had a great time doing it. Those types of experiences are just invaluable to have. I feel very excited and encouraged about what Ive done and excited about this week." Arden Key Stitched Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Kolton Miller Stitched Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. http://www.officialraidersnflauthenticshop.com/ . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. DENVER -- Martin Prado was happy to supply the big hit in the Miami Marlins comeback victory on Friday night.Not just happy for his team. He was happy for second baseman Dee Gordon, whod made a costly error in the prior inning that nearly cost the Marlins.Prado hit a go-ahead, two-run single during a four-run rally in the ninth inning that sent Miami over the Colorado Rockies 5-3 in a matchup of NL wild-card contenders.After a throwing error by Gordon helped the Rockies score three times in the eighth, the Marlins bounced back.To be able to come back and pick someone up -- this is why were playing a game as a team, Prado said. Thats the mentality were creating with this group of guys.Miami ended a three-game losing skid and stayed even with St. Louis for the second wild-card spot, with Colorado falling four games behind.Its fun, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Were trying to win every day, (the Rockies) need to win every day -- were very similar clubs in my mind that were both experiencing a shot at getting in the playoffs for the first time in a while.Marlins pinch-hitter Ichiro Suzuki struck out on three pitches and remained two hits away from 3,000. He is in an 0-for-11 slump.The first three Marlins reached base in the ninth as Adeiny Hechavarrias RBI single cut the lead to 3-2 against closer Carlos Estevez (2-6). Prado singled with the bases loaded and Christian Yelich added a sacrifice fly.My fastball wasnt there, my command wasnt there, Estevez said. Every pitch I throw I want to have my command. Today I didnt.Brian Ellington (2-1) finished out the eighth and A.J. Ramos recorded his 32nd save in 34 chances.DJ LeMahieu had four hits for Colorado. Carlos Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 16 games and David Dahl hit safely in his 11th consecutive game in the majors.The Rockies took a 3-1 lead in the eighth. LeMahieu scored from second to tie the game when Nolan Arenado hit into a forceout and Gordon threw a potential double-play ball into the stands. Throwback Raiders Jerseys. ahl lined an RBI single off Fernando Rodney and Mark Reynolds extended the lead with a double. Dahl is hitting .356 since making his debut.These losses are always frustrating, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said.David Phelps, the Marlins reliable relief pitcher, threw 4 1/3 scoreless innings in his first start of the season.Jorge De La Rosa gave up four hits and one run over six strong innings. Hes had a quality start in eight of his last nine outings.Gordon stole his 10th base of the season and Giancarlo Stanton drove him home with a double to give the Marlins a 1-0 lead in the first inning.ICHIROS QUESTSuzuki didnt start Friday and manager Don Mattingly said there was no concrete decision on when the outfielder would be back in the lineup.No real plans, Mattingly said. I look at the matchups and I look at our guys. With the (Sunday) day game, it could be a better chance, but it really would depend on how (Marcell) Ozuna looks and how Giancarlo (Stanton) looks.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: 1B Justin Bour (ankle) will not to return from the 15-day disabled until after the Marlins complete their three-game series in Colorado. ... RHP Bryan Morris (back), who is on the 60-day DL, will not return to the Marlins until September at the earliest, Mattingly said.Rockies: Gonzalez started after missing Thursday with a sprained left ankle. ... Daniel Descalso (shoulder) returned to the lineup after he went head-first into the wall Thursday.UP NEXTMarlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (4-7, 4.54 ERA) held the Cardinals to two runs in six strong innings in his Marlins debut.Colorado: RHP Chad Bettis (9-6, 5.16 ERA) was 3-1 with a 3.55 ERA in July. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '