it my athleticism all around t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dasg234 Aug 8
ARLINGTON, Texas -- When Prince Fielder announced Wednesday that a second spinal fusion surgery had ended his career, his wife, Chanel, sat in a section reserved for players, front office and family. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .Fielders sons -- 11-year-old Jadyn and 10-year-old Haven -- sat with their dad.No one should have been surprised. In a country in which too many kids grow up either not knowing their fathers or not having relationships with them, Prince Fielders kids are the center of his life.During their fathers three injury-plagued years with the Texas Rangers, the Fielder boys spent a lot of days hanging around the Rangers clubhouse, shagging fly balls or playing baseball with the sons of Adrian Beltre and Shin-Soo Choo before batting practice.Maybe its because Fielder knew how much fun he had as a kid hanging around clubhouses with his father, former slugger Cecil Fielder, and he wanted his sons to have the same experience. Perhaps its because Fielder had a strained relationship with his father for several years, and he wanted to ensure his family never experienced that.Fielder is reportedly no longer estranged from his father. Its clear his bond with his sons is strong.I want to thank my boys, Fielder said. No matter what, I was the best to them, and that always made me feel good. These are my two homies.My wife, she has really helped me a lot. It has been a struggle this year, and then to hear this news, for her to stay positive -- no matter what -- she wouldnt let me get down on myself at the house. She wouldnt let me mope. She would never let me feel any less about myself than I should.This season has been a struggle for Fielder, as was 2014, his first year with the Rangers. That year, he played just 42 games before he needed surgery. After hitting .305 last season with 23 homers and 98 RBIs, Fielder never found a rhythm this season. He was hitting less than .200 in June. Often, he was asked about his health.Fielder requested a meeting with Dr. Robert Watkins after an 0-for-4 performance July 18 against the Los Angeles Angels.Finally, in Anaheim, he got a few pitches to hit, and he couldnt deliver, said Scott Boras, Fielders agent. He said somethings going on. We expected some DL time, but not this.Watkins examination revealed that Fielder had significant issues.I didnt know they were symptoms, Fielder said. You got a tight shoulder, they say loosen up your biceps. Every now and then, Id go to do something, and Id feel weird.I cant explain it. When I did the test at the doctors office, he asked me to walk a straight line, and I couldnt do it. I did it, but it was too much brain involved to walk a straight line.At the examinations conclusion, Dr. Watkins told Fielder his career was over.I think you need surgery, and I wouldnt advise you to play again, he told Fielder. I wouldnt let you play again.Fielder returned home to have what he figured would be one of the most difficult conversations of his life: telling his boys that his baseball career was over.Instead, they buoyed his spirits.I came home and told them what the doctor said, and they never allowed me to feel bad. They said, Its all right, Dad, Fielder said. They didnt even break stride from video games. Im so proud of them for being that strong for me at that time.Fielder spoke for about 20 minutes Wednesday. He never mentioned his 319 home runs -- the same number his father hit. He didnt talk about his six All-Star game appearances or 1,028 RBIs or .887 career OPS. He didnt talk about winning the Home Run Derby as a Brewer in 2009 in St. Louis or in 2012 in Kansas City as a Tiger. He focused on the importance of having his family with him for virtually every important moment on the baseball diamond.All the All-Star Games with them, the Home Run Derbys. Just being able to have my wife and the kids on the field with me for the playoffs, all the celebration stuff, it happened with me, he said. Thats the biggest thing.They never missed a single great moment I had because they were always there. My wife passed out Capri Suns, and my kids passed out the oranges. It was team Fielder. They never missed anything I did that I enjoyed.As his dad spoke, Haven wiped away a tear.When the game is taken away from you like that, its not easy to handle, third baseman Adrian Beltre said. Its easier when you say, Ive had enough. Im going to go home and be with my family. When you go home because you cant do it anymore, its different, but hes not dead. He can enjoy his family and look forward to the next chapter.All of Fielders teammates attended his announcement, as did team owner Ray Davis. Fielder and Beltre have controlled the Rangers clubhouse so manager Jeff Banister didnt have to do it.Fielder was the consummate professional, a player respected by youngsters and veterans. Now, its over, after 12 seasons, five trips to the playoffs, a career batting average of .283 and a lifetime of memories that will never fade.Im going to miss my teammates and my kids getting to come to the field with me. All that stuff I got to enjoy, Fielder said. It kind of sucks because it feels like it was taken away from me a little too early. I can deal with it, but its hard for me to deal with things that hurt my kids.Then Fielder stood up, wrapped his arm around Jadyns shoulder, and walked out of the room as his son used his shirt to wipe away his tears. Wholesale Jerseys Factory . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Wholesale Jerseys . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.uschinasupplyjerseys.com/ . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. CINCINNATI -- Tyler Eifert pointed to a crescent-shaped scar surrounding the ball on his left ankle. That little spot is sidelining the Cincinnati Bengals tight end for training camp, and maybe more.He had surgery two months ago to repair a partial ligament tear that he suffered during the Pro Bowl. He was in a cast for six weeks and has to wear a protective boot for at least another week.Eifert was the most prominent Bengal who couldnt participate Friday in the first practice of training camp. Linebacker Rey Maualuga initially had been ruled out because of an offseason injury, but he was cleared to participate a few hours before practice.Eiferts injury is a significant setback to a team still looking for its playoff breakthrough -- no postseason victory in 25 years. Eifert set a club record for touchdown catches by a tight end (13). He became Andy Daltons favorite target near the goal line with his 6-foot-6 frame and dependable hands.He also made his first Pro Bowl. His cleats grabbed the ground on one step and he twisted his foot. Initially it was thought to be an injury that would heal with time, but it never got better.The injury I had -- more times than not you dont have surgery, Eifert said. I did everything right, followed the protocol, and it just didnt heal the way it was supposed to. It was something that had to be done.The season opener is six weeks away -- in New York against the Jets on Sept. 11 -- which doesnt leave much time for him to get the ankle back to full strength and get himself in playing shape. Its possible hell be sidelined or limited for the first few games.Theres a long progression that you have to go through here to return to play, Eifert said. Youve got to be watched by a lot of different eyes and go through a lot of different steps.The injury has convinced Eifert that his first Pro Bowl appearance will be his last.If I ever get asked back, that is, Eifert said. But no. I mean, it wass one of my most favorite weekends Ive ever had, just hanging out with the guys. Wholesale SOCCER Jerseys. Its cool. You play against these guys all year long. Some of the guys have been in the Pro Bowl multiple years that you watched growing up. Youre in the pool hanging out. It was a lot of fun.Then it comes to (game day) and youre on the bus going, `Were going to play a game? Holy .... So it was a great week, but I dont want to risk going through this again.Maualuga initially was ruled out of practice because of an offseason injury that sidelined him for a month. The Bengals will be missing linebacker Vontaze Burfict for the first three games of the season, when he serves his NFL suspension for illegal hits. Maualuga wanted to be on the field for the start of camp.I dont want to just show up a week or two before our first game and (coaches are) trying to rush and get me to do this and do that, he said.Game notes Coach Marvin Lewis theme for this season -- featured on black shirts he left in each players locker -- is Pound The Rock, with a logo of two crossed hammers. I just feel like once the last season ended and I began thinking about 2016, we had to stay the course and we had to keep pounding, he said. ... Maualuga had a new look: black and orange dreadlocks. He and Burfict agreed to get their heads shaved as a new look for the season, but Maualuga changed his mind. Eventually I will, Maualuga said. My daughter tells me to cut it all the time, so in due time I will. ... Rookie WR Tyler Boyd took a pitch on a reverse and threw a touchdown on the third play of 11-on-11 drills, filling the versatile role of former WR Mohamed Sanu. They brought me here to suit my athleticism all around the field, Boyd said.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '